Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mermaid Tea and Leather Journals

This morning when I was getting dressed I decided to wear no other shoes besides my slippers. Kind of a weird decision to make, but I told myself that I would refuse to do anything else until I spent some time relaxing and taking a break. It's so easy for me to get caught up in the madness and juggle around school, work, family, and friends without pausing to give my body and mind some peace and rest. So this morning, I had had enough, and the slippers were staying! I brewed some green tea, grabbed my journal and favorite blanket, and cozied on up in the backyard sun. It was so nice to be able to pause and get all of my stress and frustrations out on paper. It allowed me to look at my problems objectively and logically come to a sound solution to them. Just like that! The problems were instantly replaced with solutions! And I hadn't even finished my tea yet. Granted, it did take me a while because I was so easily distracted by my adorable little nugget of a lap dog, Matty, and how gorgeous the weather is right now, but the job got done eventually. I think today's exercise will be becoming an every-Saturday-morning ritual for me.
xoxox





































No comments:

Post a Comment