Saturday, April 7, 2012

Summer Dances

I got the chance to hang out with my oldest and dearest pal this past week, and I got to take some pictures of her. We've been friends since fourth grade. After hanging out this week I was reminded of this one time we stayed in Myrtle Beach, SC. We were on the balcony of our hotel, and the moon was shining and reflecting the stars in the ocean. We spoke of how we loved having those deep, philosophical conversations with people. The ones that just sort of happen out of no where. Where it impacts the way you position yourself to take on life in a new way. We were bummed because we felt we hadn't had one with anyone in a long time. We both felt stuck, but we knew we wanted to be better than what was expected. We talked of how we wanted to do greater and see greater and be greater, but we had no idea what direction we were going in, or how to get to "greater". Looking back, that conversation itself, to me, was one of those deep, philosophical conversations we had been longing for. I don't think I've found "greater" quite yet, but I certainly love a good journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment