Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Remembrance

  I've been reflecting a great deal on my past work lately. I'm in this weird terrified-I'll-never-progress funk but also this so-excited-because-my-life-is-finally-starting haze. So, for a formal update: I just finished high school and I'm cleaning houses on Figure 8 Island again for the summer. I still haven't got the funds for my own computer or a nicer lens/new camera, and I haven't shot in ages. However, I know that if I just hold out a little longer, work my hardest, and keep a fresh mind and light heart I'll have everything I could ever have asked for. I've been realizing that no dream is unattainable, simply for the fact that we can even come up with it. 
  Anyway, I could write for days and never tire. I wanted to show you all some of my favourites from my collection of film photos from when I first started shooting. Its hard to think that in just a little over a year of  'kind of' doing photography I have made it this far and have realized that it is without a doubt my greatest passion. 
  As a little kid I changed my mind a million and one times about what I wanted to be when I grew up, but I distinctly remember the first thing I wanted to be was a photographer 'so I could take pictures of the cheetahs'. I threw my world into the photographs of National Geographic and any fashion magazine I could find. I travelled where they travelled. I was who they were. And now that I am me, I hope to bring love of life to those looking for it as well. These photos are by no means my best, but I love them nonetheless.




























No comments:

Post a Comment