Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Parents Were Awesome



Alright, I officially have the best old photos ever. This is my parents in the early 1980s. They're so cute and in love. I don't know why, but old pictures of couples always seem so much sweeter than ones people take today. Maybe it's because it was film and they couldn't delete it and take a better one. Or maybe it's because they weren't even posing for a picture, they were just already being that sweet towards one another. Or perhaps it is because it makes young love possible. It can happen, I know first hand. Unfortunately though, I feel like young people today don't believe in real love as their parents had when they were their age. For them, anything was possible. For people today, it's as if all we are is robots confined to simple, black-and-white logic, when there are so many more colours that make up the life created for us to enjoy. So with this, I encourage everyone to paint their lives the richest of reds, the brightest of blues, the sweetest of greens and all other colours of the spectrum. Do not forget that your life is your richest work of art.
"That it will never come again
is what makes life so sweet."
                        -Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment